- Date : 20/04/2023
- Read: 3 mins
Forex markup fees can shoot up if you don’t have the right travel credit card. These five credit cards will lower your overseas travel expenses significantly.
Be it a budget traveller or a frequent flyer, no one likes to shell out the add-on charges that get attracted every time you swipe your card overseas. Let us have a look at some of the finest travel experiences that credit cards can offer while keeping forex-related expenses low.
Here is a look at five credit cards with zero or minimal forex markup fees.
1. RBL World Safari credit card – This card is billed as India’s first travel card with zero markup fees on all foreign transactions. You also get a MakeMyTrip voucher of Rs 3,000 as a joining gift. Besides, you earn milestone-based travel points – 10,000 bonus points on spends of Rs 2.5 lakhs per annum, and an additional 15,000 points on spends of Rs 5 lakhs. You also get a gift card of Rs 10,000 from brands like Taj Experiences, Myntra, Croma etc. on annual spends of Rs 7.5 lakhs. This card comes with an annual membership fee of Rs 3,000 plus GST.
2. Indusind Club Vistara Bank Explorer credit card – This Indusind credit card also boasts a zero markup on forex transactions. You also get a 20% discount on Airport Fast Track and a complimentary business card voucher from Vistara. The Club Vistara Bank Explorer credit card has an annual fee of Rs 10,000. Upon paying the joining fee of Rs 40,000 you get gift vouchers of Rs 25,000 from the bank. You can use your Oberoi gift vouchers at any of the group’s luxurious hotel chains.
3. Axis Burgundy Private Credit Card – Another credit card with zero forex markup, Burgundy Private earns you 15 EDGE REWARD points on every Rs 200 spent. There is a 24X7 concierge service to manage your flight bookings, table reservations, gift deliveries, etc. You also get an EazyDiner Prime membership and 50 complimentary golf rounds every year.
4. IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card – FIRST Wealth charges a minimal 1.5% forex markup and offers interest-free international cash withdrawals, international and domestic lounge and spa access, and comprehensive travel and air accident insurance. On monthly spends of up to Rs 30,000, you get 6X and 3X reward points on online and offline purchases respectively. Beyond Rs 30,000, and on your birthday, you earn 10X reward points. IDFC FIRST Bank reward points never expire and can be used on online and in-store purchases.
5. Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card – Another card with 1.5% markup on forex transactions, the Reserve card offers complimentary air transfers, airport concierge facilities and unlimited domestic lounge accesses. You get exclusive Oberoi hotel offers, and memberships to ITC Culinaire, Accor Plus and Club Marriott Asia Pacific. There is a Rs 50,000 annual membership fee on this card.
If you are planning to globe trot this year, make sure you have the card that gives you exclusive accesses, memberships and deals, while keeping your forex transaction expenses low. These low forex markup travel cards can be your ticket to a high-flying overseas experience.