- Date : 27/09/2022
- Read: 4 mins
India post office ATM PIN generation online
The post offices in India offer the facility of opening a savings account with them. You can open an account with a minimum deposit of Rs.500. Once opened, you can transact freely and also earn an interest of 4% on the savings account balance.
The post office savings account also offers debit cards to account holders. These debit cards allow you to do cashless transactions online or at POS terminals. You can also make cash withdrawals from ATMs when you need to access funds from your savings account instantly.
You can apply for a debit card when you open the post office savings account. Alternatively, you can make an application after opening the savings account too. After you receive the debit card, the next step is to generate the ATM PIN so that you can secure your card against unauthorized use.
Earlier, the ATM PIN was mailed to you in a letter. However, the process has changed. Now, the concept of Green PIN has been introduced, allowing you to generate or change the ATM PIN.
When it comes to generating the post office ATM PIN, there are different ways that you can choose from. The online mode is the easiest as it is convenient and hassle-free. Let’s understand the online process of India Post Office PIN generation
How to generate post office ATM PIN online?
To generate the post office ATM PIN online, you can take the following steps –
- Log into your online net banking account.
- Under the main Menu, select ‘Card PIN’
- Under the section ‘Debit Card PIN’, choose ‘Generate PIN’
- Provide your debit card details – the debit card number, CVV code, expiry date, etc. required on the online form.
- Provide the grid number mentioned on the debit card's back.
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- A four-digit OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number, i.e., the number that you provided when opening the savings account.
- Enter the OTP to verify your details.
- Then you would be able to create a new PIN for your debit card.
Once you generate the PIN, the screen will display the confirmation message. You will also get an update on your mobile number and email ID about generating the PIN.
If you want to change an existing PIN, the steps would be similar to those above.
Other modes of generating the PIN:
Besides the online mode, there are other PIN generation options, too, using which you can generate the ATM PIN. These modes are described below –
- Generating the PIN through SMS
You would have to use your registered mobile number to use the SMS facility. You can send an SMS to India Post to change or generate an ATM PIN.
- Generating PIN through the ATM
You can also visit the nearest ATM of India Post and generate or change the ATM of your debit card. Insert your debit card into the card slot and follow the below-mentioned steps to change or generate a new PIN –
- Choose the option of ‘PIN Generation’
- Enter your 11-digit post office savings bank account number twice and then click ‘Confirm’
- Provide your registered mobile number and click ‘Confirm’
- You will get a message that the Green PIN will be shortly sent to the registered mobile number.
- You will receive the Green PIN on your mobile number
- If you change an existing PIN, you will get an OTP on your mobile number instead of the Green PIN. This OTP will be valid for two days.
- Visit the ATM again within the next two days and insert your card.
- Click on ‘Banking’ followed by ‘PIN Change’
- Enter the OTP and change the existing PIN
So, if you have a post office savings account and a debit card, know the process of India Post Office PIN generation online for the ATM Card. Then use your card easily across merchants.