- Date : 27/09/2023
- Read: 3 mins
Pensioners can submit their life certificates online using Aadhar authentication to ensure the continuity of their pension.
Pensioners who receive their pension from pension disbursing authorities (PDAs) such as banks and post offices must submit their life certificates in November each year, either personally or via delivery.
Let's learn how to download and submit your digital life certificate online using the government's Aadhar-based face recognition.
- In India, pensioners must submit a life certificate to banks and post offices annually for the continuity of their pension.
- You can authenticate and generate your digital certificate online through the Jeevan Pramaan app.
- An Aadhar and mobile numbers are mandatory for authentication and registration.
- Aadhar-based authentication uses your iris/fingerprint scan to authenticate your life certificate online.
How to download your digital life certificate using Aadhar-based authentication
Download the Jeevan Pramaan Windows and Android Client Software for the life certification registration. The platform will use the Aadhar Biometric Authentication platform for face recognition.
Go to the online form available on the government's Jeevan Pramaan website. Provide an email to get the link for downloading the application as per your requirement.
Steps to Register Your Device
- Enter your Aadhar card number and mobile number in the online application form.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number. Provide the name and email ID.
- Click on 'Scan Finger.' Scan your finger on the fingerprint scanner. You can also opt for an iris scan.
- When the message 'Device registration successful' shows on the screen, click on OK.
Steps to authenticate and register your life certificate
- Enter your Aadhar and mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP and click on OK.
- Fill in the required information - pensioner name, type of pension, PPO Number, email, bank account, etc.
- Tick the checkbox and click on 'Scan Finger' to start the finger/iris scanning process.
- Once the Aadhar authentication is done, your digital life certificate is displayed along with an acknowledgment SMS on your registered mobile number.
What are the prerequisites for life certificate generation?
You need to have an Aadhar number and a working mobile number. Get your Aadhar number registered with a PDA (a bank or a post office).
Other hardware requirements include access to a biometric device and a PC with at least a Windows 7.0 version or a Mobile/Tablet with internet connectivity.
If you do not possess biometric devices, it is best to visit your nearest Citizen Service Centre (CSC), government office, or designated bank to register your digital life certificate. You might be required to pay a small fee at such centers. Nevertheless, life certificate registration and authentication are necessary for the continuity of your pension. Ensure you do it on time, every time.
Click here for the latest articles on financial planning.