- First things first; decide who is going to be contributing financially. Are the wedding expenses going to be handled by your spouse and you? Or are your parents going to contribute too?
- Now that you have an idea of the finances, set a realistic budget. Keep in mind that other routine expenses will continue; so keep some money aside, don’t go all out on your wedding.
- Narrow down on a venue. Most venues have a maximum limit of guests who’ll be allowed and this will take you one step closer to preparing your guest list.
- The next important step is to get a guest count. There may be some who don’t show up, but there will also be people who forget to RSVP and come to your wedding.
- Take into consideration a few other hidden costs like tipping your vendors, and paying an advance fee wherever required.
The financial aspect of a wedding is very important. Don’t rush things; take time to plan your wedding the way you want it.
This differs from person to person and on how much they want to spend on the wedding. Here are some tips you can consider:
- Plan your own wedding. Instead of hiring a wedding planner, sit down with your friends and family and plan your wedding the way you want it. You can assign wedding-related tasks to each of your friends.
- Look for sales while shopping. Buying wedding clothes can be a costly affair. Be smart and shop in the off-season or when there’s a sale in the stores. This way you will also find the time for getting any alterations done.
- Have a simple ceremony with your loved ones instead of conducting a week-long affair with hundreds of people.
- Compare your options when it comes to selecting vendors. Talk to your friends, ask for contacts, and have a few options on the table. Having multiple options will help you get a good deal.
This step-by-step guide will help you with all other details of wedding planning.
A wedding can be a costly affair. This is why a budget is of utmost importance. More than planning a budget, make sure you stick to it. A wedding planner can be either an individual or a company that takes care of all the preparations and arrangements needed for your wedding. Right from the decorations to the venue to the catering – everything will be arranged by your wedding planner. Sit with them and discuss your requirements and budget for the wedding.
Alternatively, you can plan your own wedding. Set a budget and be your own wedding planner! This step-by-step guide will help you with all other details of wedding planning.
Although a honeymoon comes after the wedding, planning and budgeting for it has to happen before D-Day. This is one of those costs you’re likely to forget in the hustle and bustle of planning a wedding.
Within a budget of 1.5 lakh, here are some of the best honeymoon places outside India:
Choosing the right destination is one of the most important decisions while planning a wedding. There are some beautiful destination wedding spots all over India; here are some of them:
- Goa, if you want a wedding on the beach.
- Udaipur, if you want to get married like royalty.
- Jaipur, if you want a wedding in India's Pink City.
- Kerala, if you want to get married in God’s Own Country.
- Sikkim, if you want a picturesque wedding.