- Date : 12/11/2021
- Read: 3 mins
What is the Corona Kavach Policy, and how can you and your family benefit from it? Read on to find out everything you need to know about the policy.
When COVID-19 struck, it caught humankind off-guard and unprepared. The number of COVID-19 cases kept on increasing from hundreds to thousands, to millions day by day. Countless people suffered due to reasons such as scarcity of medicines, shortage of medical staff, etc. One of the most common reasons for the lack of proper treatment was the inadequacy of funds.
Such times force everyone to reconsider their healthcare and insurance arrangements. People now realise the importance of health coverage that can help them ride out the tough times. The government of India launched the Corona Kavach Policy to cover families from the high (and often unbearable) cost of treating the virus.
In this article, we will discuss the key features and benefits of Corona Kavach Policy so that you can make an informed decision.
Top 5 features of the Corona Kavach Policy
Let us take a look at some prominent features of Corona Kavach Policy.
- Policy tenure: The Corona Kavach Policy is available for different tenures. You can get it for a term of three and a half months, six and a half months, and nine and a half months, including the waiting period.
Related: Things To Note When Purchasing Health Insurance During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Get treated both at home and in hospital: The policy covers all expenses incurred in the treatment of COVID-19, regardless of whether you choose to get treated in a hospital or at home. If you opt for home treatment, the policy will cover all treatment-related expenses for 14 days. Since COVID-19 treatment can begin much before hospitalisation and continue even afterwards, the policy covers 15 days of expenses before hospitalisation and 30 days after.
- Individual and family plans: It is no secret that coronavirus is highly contagious. So, if one person in the family contracts it, the others might also fall ill. The Corona Kavach Policy is available not only for individuals but as a family floater plan too. Under the latter, some insurers, such as Reliance General Insurance, even provide a discount of 10% for the first family member, 20% for the second, 30% for the third, and 40% for additional members.
Related: FAQs About Coronavirus Insurance Settlement
- Quick processing: The quick processing time of the Corona Kavach Policy is one of its best features. The waiting period for the processing of the policy is only 15 days.
- Cover for comorbidities: COVID-19 patients may struggle with other morbidities as well. If the patient requires treatment for comorbidities, including pre-existing diseases, that can aggravate the effects of COVID-19, the Corona Kavach Policy will cover those additional expenses that occurred during the course of COVID-19 treatment.
You might be wondering: Is Corona Kavach policy any good? Well, given the present situation, getting the Corona Kavach Policy for yourself and your family would be a wise move. We all know that treatments for COVID-19 can be extremely expensive, with prices skyrocketing due to excess demand and limited supply. All said and done, the importance of opting for a Corona Kavach Policy is pretty obvious. Why wait? Get the policy as soon as you can!