- Date : 02/11/2022
- Read: 4 mins
For female customers, LIC's Dhan Rekha Plan offers specialized premium charges.
Since December 13, 2021, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has released the Dhan Rekha savings insurance plan. In this plan, in the case of the policyholder's unexpected death, whereas this policy is in effect, this Dhan Rekha LIC plan provides monetary assistance to the policyholder's family. At specific periods throughout the policy term, periodic benefits are also payable on the subscribers' lives, and a guaranteed lump sum payment is given to the continuing policyholder.
The LIC Dhan Rekha program outlined a range of benefits that varied over the years. For female customers, there are specialized premium charges. The announcement noted that "all benefits underneath the program are entirely assured. The Dhan Rekha plan ensures a portion of the foundation sum is compensated as a survival advantage at periodic intervals all through the premium-paying period.
LIC Dhan Rekha
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has announced the LIC's Dhan Rekha, a money-back insurance coverage. In the terrible event that such a policyholder dies during the policy duration, this scheme provides financial assistance to the family. Regular benefits are also made on the policyholder's life during specific periods throughout the insurance policy, and assured fixed fee benefits are given to the remaining policyholders at policy maturation. Moreover, the program provides discounted charges to women and individuals identified as the third gender.
This insurance plan may indeed be acquired both offline through an advisor or any other middleman and online instantly through the portal www.licindia.in.
Also Read: LIC’s New Pension Plus Scheme
Features of the LIC Dhan Rekha
On December 13, 2021, the LIC Dhan Rekha plan was announced by LIC India. It includes numerous noteworthy features, such as:
- The lowest amount guaranteed under this plan is Rs 2 lakh, whereas there is no upper limit on the highest sum assured.
- The age requirement to enter fluctuates depending on the duration of the policy, from 90 days to 8 years. According to the policy's terms, the upper age limit for registration might range from 35 to 55 years old.
- Customers can opt to collect the death and maturity benefits in monthly instalments instead of in one lump sum.
- A financing program is also an aspect of this strategy to satisfy liquidity needs. There will be a few prohibitions, although alternative services are offered under this plan for an additional cost.
Also Read: LIC Policyholder: How to update PAN online?
The Benefits of LIC Dhan Rekha
- Death benefit: The life assured's candidate may get the death benefit if the life-assured person passes away within the policy period. The promised contributions accumulated up to the time of death will also be reimbursed, in addition to the above.
- Single premium payments, including death benefit. Beneficiaries qualify for certain additions and 125% of the principal amount.
- Restricted premium mode of payment under death benefits: The total guaranteed at death will be equivalent to 125% of the basic sum assured or seven times the annual premiums.
- Survival benefit: If somehow the insurance is in effect as well as the life guaranteed endures for each of the predefined intervals within the policy period, a fixed percentage of the Basic Sum Assured will indeed be paid. The following rates apply to various terms of policy:
- Maturity benefit: If the insurance is still in effect and the life assured survives the specified Maturation date, the "Principal Amount on Maturity" and accumulated will pay guaranteed supplements. Wherein the Basic Amount equals the "Principal Amount on Maturity" guaranteed.
- Tax benefit: Articles 10(10D) and 80C of the Income Tax Act of 1961 enable tax concessions for both the premiums and benefit sums. Speaking with a financial consultant or a tax expert is advisable for even more details on income tax benefits.
The LIC Dhan Rekha is a savings insurance plan provided by the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India. The insurance policy has numerous benefits and unique characteristics. It gives policyholders a fixed sum at periodic intervals until they die or the insurance reaches its maturity. The plan provides cheaper premiums to women and individuals identified as the third gender.