- Date : 07/03/2023
- Read: 3 mins
Kotak Flexicap Equity mutual fund has provided 188 percent returns to its investors since it was created in 2009. The mutual fund can be invested either by paying lump-sum or by a monthly SIP of Rs 10,000.
With the advent of the digital age, investment has become as easy as ordering food online. India currently has over 14.11 crore mutual fund folios or accounts. With such a large number of investors in the financial market looking to make profits, mutual funds have become one of the main forms of investment.
What if we tell you that some investors have turned an investment of 15.9 lakhs into 46 lakhs with a monthly SIP of Rs 10,000? Would you believe it, or do you want to know more about it?
Read on to know more about the investment that turned into a goldmine for investors!
What is SIP?
SIP stands for Systematic Investment Plan. It is a way of investing a fixed amount of money in a mutual fund at regular intervals rather than a lump sum at one time. It helps investors to invest regularly and consistently, leading to the power of compounding over the long term.
What should the investors know about the Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund?
Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund was launched in 2009. It is one of the biggest equity funds in India. An investor who would have paid a monthly SIP of Rs 10,000 in this fund to a total of Rs 1.2 lakh in 2009 would have made profits valuing over Rs 4.6 lakhs in the past years.
- The CAGR of the equity mutual fund for a lump-sum investment of Rs 1 lakh is 13.9 percent.
- The CAGR of the equity mutual fund for a monthly SIP valuing Rs 10,000 is 14.8 percent.
- The investors who had paid Rs 10,000 SIP since 2009 have turned a total investment of Rs 15.90 lakhs into Rs 45.85 lakhs.
- The overall gain of the investors paying the SIP since 2009 is 188.34 percent.
- There are a total of 49 stocks in the portfolio of the Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund.
- The fund is currently managed by Harsha Upadhyaya who has been managing it
What is the strategy of the Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund?
The key strategies of the Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund are:
- To seek the valuation of the portfolio from the volatility of the international market and the impact of any global occurrences.
- To focus on businesses that are linked globally or are export-driven and domestic.
- Maintain a large cap allocation of 72 percent and analyze the future of Midcap allocation.
- Invest in companies that would have a positive impact on commodity-cost inflation.
Which are the top stock holdings of the Kotak Flexicap Equity Mutual fund?
The top stock holdings of the Kotak Flexicap Equity Mutual fund are:
Also, watch: Kotak Flexicap Fund - Interview of the Fund Manager
Kotak Flexicap equity mutual fund has provided excellent returns to its investors in the past years. However, mutual funds are subjected to various factors and involve a certain amount of risk. Investors must understand the profits from mutual funds come with a certain amount of risk, which must be accepted.