- Date : 08/08/2022
- Read: 3 mins
Top 10 Mutual Funds for 2022
The year 2022 has been volatile for the markets. The returns from the stock markets have been below par. The recent uptrend has brought the Nifty back to 16900. At this instance, the Nifty is less than 8% away from all-time highs. If you do not want to miss the train and benefit from investments in a growing economy like India, you should consider mutual funds.
Mutual Funds get money from the investors and invest that money according to their expertise and the fund objectives. Mutual funds have been a good investment avenue in India, and the top-performing funds have consistently outperformed the markets in the long run. If you do not have the time and the expertise to select the stocks and debt instruments, you should consider mutual fund investments and benefit from the long-term potential of India.
Best Mutual Funds for 2022
You might ask your friends and colleagues about the best mutual fund investments. You would have heard various stories about how your friends or relatives got rich by investing consistently in mutual funds. You might check online and get lists compiled according to the returns. But the list might be based on short-term returns, or the list might be dominated by a single category of mutual funds. To manage your funds professionally, you need to first identify the categories of mutual funds and then diversify your funds according to the categories.
We have compiled the five categories of mutual funds and the two best-performing mutual funds in that category. You can invest in these ten mutual funds as per your asset allocation strategy. But make sure that you diversify across categories to get consistent long-term returns from the markets.
Top 10 mutual funds across the 5 categories
The categories are: -
- Aggressive Hybrid Schemes- These schemes are best for new investors as these schemes invest in equity (65-80%) and debt (20-35%). These schemes have low volatility, and if you want consistent long-term returns, you should invest in these funds.
- Large Cap Funds- These funds invest in top 100 stocks only. This means that they rely on blue chip stocks to get returns for their investors.
- Flexi cap funds- These funds invest in different categories of stocks across different market capitalizations based on the fund manager's view.
- Mid-cap funds- These mutual funds invest in midcap companies.
- Small-cap funds- These mutual funds invest in small-cap companies.
The top 10 mutual funds, and their returns are:-
This list sums up the top 10 mutual funds across the five categories. You can choose the funds you like as per your analysis as well. But make sure to incorporate all the categories to get consistent long-term returns.
The above list of top 10 mutual funds is across different categories. If you want more information, you should consult a financial advisor. The financial advisor can offer a better perspective on your financial needs.
Related: Dummies Guide to Mutual Funds
How to select Best Mutual Funds | Investing in Mutual Funds
Disclaimer: This article is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as investment or legal advice. You should separately obtain independent advice when making decisions in these areas.