- Date : 04/08/2023
- Read: 3 mins
A look at the top 10 sectors that are attracting the most mutual fund investment in recent months.
Mutual fund managers are always on the lookout for emerging sectors and stocks in the equity market. Different sectors strengthen their positions over time, and fund managers must be quick to pick up on these trends.
- Mutual fund managers often rejig their investments
- FinTech, healthcare and electrical equipment are popular sub-sectors these days
- The percentage increase in investment in these sectors has been impressive
- Retail investors must keep a close watch on emerging sectors
A look at the sectors that are highly sought after by fund managers reveals that financial technology, healthcare services, electrical equipment, capital market stocks, industrial manufacturing, transport services, realty, industrial products, ITES and leisure services are prominent.
Here is a look at the mutual fund investments in these sectors, along with growth in the last four months.
- Financial Technology – Rs 3,638 crores - 231%
Popular FinTech stocks in India include One97 Communications, PB Fintech, Infibeam Avenues, etc.
- Healthcare Services – Rs 26,386 crores - 101%
Stocks like Syngene International, Global Health, Krishna Institute of Medical, etc.
- Electrical Equipment – Rs 27,317 crores - 83%
Popular stocks in this sector are Taylormade Renewable, RMC Switch, W S Industries, etc.
- Capital Market stocks – Rs 17,974 crores - 82%
HDFC AMC, MCX, and CDSL are some of the popular companies in the capital market sector.
- Industrial Manufacturing – Rs 9,354 crores - 72%
Tega Industries, Kaynes Technology, and Syrma SGS are some of the sought-after industrial manufacturing companies.
- Transport Services – Rs 23,792 crores - 68%
Interglobe Aviation, Blue Dart and VRL Logistics are among the popular transport sector stocks.
- Realty – Rs 25,757 crores - 67%
Popular realty stocks include Phoenix Mills, DLF, Godrej Properties and Macrotech Developers.
- Industrial Products – Rs 82,516 crores - 64%
Cummins India, Timkin India, and Carborundum Universal are among the popular stocks dealing in industrial products.
- ITES – Rs 5,976 crores - 63%
Affle (India) has emerged as a favourite in this segment, while heavyweights like TCS, Infosys, HCL, Wipro, etc. are considered evergreen.
- Leisure Services – Rs 9,449 crores - 62%
Jubilant Foodworks, Devyani International and Sapphire Foods have been heavily bought in the last four months.
Fund managers have added fresh positions in these sectors, and in some cases increased their exposure too. As a mutual fund investor, you should look at these trends as well as the long-term horizon of these sectors. Smart reshuffles will keep your investment in tune with the market growth.
Click here for the latest articles on Mutual Fund
Disclaimer: This article is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as investment or legal advice. You should separately obtain independent advice when making decisions in these areas.