Say goodbye to hassles: Learn how to withdraw PF amount online now!

Learn how to withdraw your PF money online hassle-free! Activate your UAN, link it with your Aadhaar, PAN, and bank details to get started.

_withdraw PF amount online

Are you looking to withdraw funds from your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account but don't know where to start? With PF withdrawals possible both online and offline, it can be confusing to know which forms to fill out and what prerequisites to meet. But don't worry, we've got you covered! In this article, we'll provide you with a step-by-step guide to withdrawing your EPF funds online, along with the necessary forms and prerequisites. So sit back, relax, and let us guide you through it.

When can you withdraw PF funds? 

EPF withdrawals can be of two types: partial or complete. Complete withdrawal is allowed on retirement or after one month of unemployment. 75% of EPF savings can be withdrawn if one remains unemployed for more than a month, while the remaining 25% can be withdrawn if unemployment persists for over two months. Partial withdrawals are permitted for specific reasons, such as medical emergencies, education, marriage, land purchase, house purchase/construction, home loan repayment, and house renovation.

Also ReadUmang app makes the EPF process easier

Prerequisites for online application submission

To be able to apply for online withdrawal of PF amount, the following conditions should be met:

  • The Universal Account Number (UAN) needs to be active, and the phone number associated with UAN must be in working order.
  • The Universal Account Number (UAN) should be linked to KYC documents, i.e., PAN, Aadhaar Card, bank details and the IFSC code.

Forms to be filled out for online withdrawal of PF funds

To ensure a smooth withdrawal of PF funds, it's important to fill out a form that corresponds to your specific requirements. Here are the different forms that you may be required to submit for online PF fund withdrawal:

online withdrawal of PF funds

(Sourcehttps://groww.in/p/savings-schemes/epf-withdrawal-online)

A step-by-step guide to PF withdrawal online via the UAN portal

Step 1: Visit the UAN portal. Log in using your credentials for the platform and enter the correct captcha.

Step 2: Click the 'Online services' tab from the upper menu bar and select 'Claim (Form 31,  19, 10C & 10D)' from the drop-down list. You must select this option whether you want partial withdrawal, complete withdrawal, or pension withdrawal.

Step 3: Details of members will be shown on the screen. Enter the last four digits of your account (bank) and click 'Verify'.

Step 4: Press 'Yes' to accept the terms of the agreement, and then continue.

Step 5: Press the 'Proceed for Online Claim' button.

Step 6: Under the 'I want to apply for' tab in the claim form, select the specific form that corresponds to your requirement, such as Form 19 for complete EPF settlement, Form 31 for partial EPF settlement or advance, and Form 10C for pension withdrawal.

Step 7: Select 'PF Advance (Form 31)' for fund withdrawal. Indicate the reason for the advance, the desired amount, and your address.

Step 8: Submit the application. After submitting the claim, you may be expected to upload scanned copies of documents for the withdrawal.

The entire process, from the approval of the withdrawal request to money being credited to your bank account, may take 2-3 weeks.

Also Read: How to benefit from EPF when without a job

Withdrawing funds from your EPF account can be a tedious process. However, it is necessary to understand the forms and prerequisites required to ensure a smooth and hassle-free withdrawal. Online withdrawal of PF funds via the UAN portal is a convenient and timesaving option, but only if you meet the necessary prerequisites and have filled out the appropriate form. While waiting for the withdrawal process to complete, it's important to be patient, as it may take up to 2-3 weeks for the money to be credited to your account. In summary, with proper guidance and knowledge of the process, withdrawing EPF funds online can be a simple and stress-free experience.

NEWSLETTER

Related Article

Premium Articles