- Date : 22/08/2022
- Read: 3 mins
Trent Ltd has become a part of the 100 most valuable companies in India.
Trent Ltd. is a Tata Group company which is engaged in the business of retail. The company is headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in 1998.
The main businesses of the company are:-
- Westside- This brand features mega stores of the size of 8000-34000 sqft area, and the brand operates in the branded fashion apparel segment for men, women and children. It also operates in the home furnishings and décor segment.
- Utsa- It is a modern Indian lifestyle fashion brand, and it offers beauty products, ethnic apparel and accessories.
- Zudio- It is in the affordable fashion segment for men, women and children. It is growing at an astonishing pace, and ICICI Securities expects this brand to grow at a CAGR of 50% in FY22-24E. Also, the brokerage house expects this brand to grow at 25% in the long run.
- Star- It features hypermarkets and supermarkets consisting of an assortment of products like staples, beverages, and health and beauty products.
- Landmark- This brand has a curated range of stationery, books, sports merchandise and toys.
- Booker Wholesale- This is in the B2B segment and supplies to traders, wholesalers, Kirana stores, hotels, restaurants, etc., in cash and carry segment.
The company Trent Ltd. has rallied 11% in the last 5 sessions, and it is up 39% in 2022 vis-à-vis Nifty50 return of 1.66% YTD.
Trent Ltd performance on the bourses and the financial results
The company has been performing well on the bourses. The YTD return is 39%. The 1-Year return is 62%. The 5-Year return is 447%. This impeccable performance means that the company now has a market capitalization of more than Rs 50,000 crores.
This impeccable performance is on the back of superior financial performance given by the company. In the first quarter of this financial year, the company has given a net profit of Rs 115 crores against a net loss of Rs 138 crores. The revenue from operations stood at Rs 1,803 crores which is up three-fold from the pandemic-induced quarter last financial year. As per ICICI Securities, the company has delivered a superior performance across all the parameters. They believe Zudio will continue to outperform and lead the company’s growth.
What to do?
The company Trent Ltd is from the Tata Group, which is known for producing multibaggers. Also, the superior performance of the firm, both on the bourses and the financials, is a positive sign for the company. The company can continue to grow and deliver superior performance. The stock is looking upbeat after becoming one of the 100 most valued companies in India.
Related: Different types of IPO investors