- Date : 24/07/2022
- Read: 4 mins
Some micro, small, and infrastructure have performed consistently in 2022. Read on to find out more about these mutual funds.
In recent times, the market has been fluctuating violently. The market volatility can be attributed to the pandemic, the war-like situations abroad, and the failing economic conditions. In such times having a financial plan is vital more than ever.
The current volatility in markets is all the more reason why you should invest in mutual funds. According to the current market trend, the preferable mutual fund categories are small, micro, and infrastructure funds.
Which are the best performing mutual funds in 2022?
Based on the recent developments in the market, some of the top-performing mutual funds in India for the last year are:
- Sundaram Select Micro Cap - Series XV - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 26.56%
- Canara Robeco Small Cap - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 24.39%
- Quant ESG Equity - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 23.14%
- Sundaram Select Micro Cap - Series XVI - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 22.19%
- SBI Long Term Advantage - Series IV - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 22.11%
- Quant Infrastructure - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 20.88%
- ICICI Prudential Infrastructure - Direct Plan - Growth Fund: 20.24%
How do we identify the top-performing mutual funds?
The following parameters can be looked into to identify the top performers:
Mean rolling returns:
The average annualised mutual fund returns are considered for a said timeframe on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. This is called the mean rolling returns.
The best performing mutual funds are the ones that perform consistently in long term. This is a major factor in deciding the best mutual fund schemes to invest in.
A security's downside risk is an estimate of its potential loss of value if market conditions cause its price to fall. Depending on the metric, downside risk describes the investment’s worst-case scenario and reveals how much the investor stands to lose.
If the actual return of the mutual fund exceeds the expected returns, then the mutual fund is said to have outperformed its expectations. One critical criterion while identifying the top performers is outperformance.
For guidance on comparing the performance of mutual funds, click here.
The asset size of a mutual fund refers to the total market value of the assets under the management of the mutual fund.
To know more about the right asset allocation strategies, watch this video:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it the right time to invest in mutual funds?
If you are looking for investing for long-term benefits, you need not worry about the market conditions. You only need to consider your risk tolerance and your financial goals.
What are the things to know before investing in mutual funds?
- The most important thing you need to be aware of before investing in mutual funds is that the risk levels of mutual funds vary based on the different categories.
- Besides this, direct plans have greater returns than regular plans in mutual funds.
- You also need to remember that the returns of mutual funds do not remain the same every year.
- You would also want to keep track of the latest mutual fund news.
Apart from these, you can consider the parameters mentioned earlier to identify the best-performing mutual funds.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as investment or legal advice. You should separately obtain independent advice when making decisions in these areas.