- Date : 14/11/2022
- Read: 4 mins
Price movements in the financial market creates opportunities for investors to sell or buy stocks. The investors should analyse the latest information regarding these price movements and the stocks that moved the most to earn profits.
Profitmaking in the stock market requires skill, experience, and access to the latest information. The investor must be aware of the movement of stock prices to recognize opportunities to generate profits. With access to the latest information, investors can turn small price changes into huge profits or strategize for long-term investments. Read on to learn about the stocks that moved the most in the past week!
What are the latest market updates for the 2nd week of November?
November 2nd week saw a lot of price movements for the stocks in the market. The change in investments for both Foreign and Domestic institutional investors is substantial. Let us look at the detailed updates from the financial market:
- The financial market recorded Rs 38,005 crores worth of equity purchases and equity sales worth Rs 31,638 crores by the F.I.I (Foreign Institutional Investors) in the past week.
- The net value of the equity transactions by the F.I.I (Foreign Institutional Investors) in the past week is Rs 6366 crores (purchases).
- The financial market recorded Rs 28,185 crores worth of equity purchases and equity sales worth Rs 30,441 crores by the D.I.I (Domestic Institutional Investors) in the past week.
- The net value of the equity transactions by the D.I.I (Domestic Institutional Investors) in the past week is Rs 2256 crores (sales).
- The current value of the Dollar in terms of the Rupee stands at “80.50”.
- The BSE Sensex recorded an increment of 1.3 per cent in the past week. The current value of the Sensex is 61,795.04.
- The Nifty50 recorded an increment of 1.28 per cent in the past week. The current value of the Sensex is 18,349.70.
Also Read: How to make profits in the stock market?
Which stocks moved the most during the 2nd week of November?
We bring you the top stocks which made the headlines last week. These stocks gained the most and lost the most during the last week. These are the stocks you should be on the lookout for!
Top Gainers in the stock market (2nd Week of November)
- HDFC bank (CMP Rs 1611.90): 7.6 per cent gain - As per the new modifications in MSCI Inc’s methodology of considering M&As, HDFC bank will be treated as an extension once the merger between HDFC and HDFC bank is completed. This news led to an increase of 7.6 per cent in stock prices.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation (CMP Rs 2647.25): 6.4 per cent gain - The Q2 results of the company revealed that the revenue had grown 89.4 per cent. These results increase the prices of the stocks from Rs 2486 on 4th November to Rs 2647.25 on 11th November.
- UPL (CMP Rs 767): 3.8 per cent gain - With the release of Q2 results for the company and a profit of 28 per cent, the company's stock prices increased in the past week.
Top Losers in the stock market (2nd week of November)
- Power Grid Corporation (CMP Rs 214.90): 4.97 per cent loss
The company saw a decline in the share price after the declaration of Q2 performance. The company produced a profit of 8 per cent, which did not satisfy the investors, and the price went down.
- Eicher Motors (CMP Rs 3519): 4.23 per cent loss
The Q2 results of the company failed to reach the estimates of the investor, which led to a decline in the company's stock prices.
- Titan Company (CMP Rs 2656): 4.1 per cent loss
The stock price of the company experienced a decline from Rs 2770 on 4th November to Rs 2656 on 11th November. The decline in the stock price is attributed to the investors' sentiments and the market's volatility in the past week.
Ups and downs in the prices of stocks create an opportunity for investors to make profits. Stock market investors must have access to information regarding the change in prices to formulate strategies. Stay tuned for the latest weekly updates and keep an eye out for the stocks that moved the most!