- Date : 16/03/2022
- Read: 3 mins
- Read in हिंदी: भारत में शीर्ष पांच स्टॉक मार्केट गुरू
India is in the transition phase, and today's investors are inclined towards saving and investments in various financial instruments. The number of stock investors in India is about 4–5%, much lower than in the US and the UK. However, the number of stock investors is increasing every month.
Equity investment isn't that straightforward as compared to other asset classes. Therefore, new investors need to learn and understand the concepts about how it is governed and functions. This article talks about the top five stock market gurus in India whom you can follow and get investing tips from.
The below mentioned are one of the best mentors you will find in India when it comes to stock investment.
- Radhakrishnan Damani- Radhakrishnan Damani or RK Damani is also known as the “Mr. White and White” popularly. This is due to his habit of wearing white. He is one of the Top Traders in India. One of the unknown facts about RK Damani is that he was the mentor of the most popular Indian share market investor, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala. Radhakrishnan Damani is the richest trader in India, with a portfolio valued at 14 stocks with a net worth of over Rs. 180,534.9 Cr (as of March 2022). Generally, he maintains a very low profile and does not appear in public.
- Raamdeo Agrawal- Raamdeo Agrawal, the co-founder of Motilal Oswal Group, has also built a reputation as a major investor in the Indian stock market. He is famous for having bought HERO Motocorp stock in 1995, when HERO was a small company with a market capitalization of only Rs 1,000 crores. Raamdeo Aggrawal invested approximately Rs 10 lakh in shares of the two-wheeler manufacturer at a price of Rs 30 each, and held on to them for the next 20 years until the share price rose to Rs 2,600 each. Raamdeo Agrawal’s current net worth is around Rs 4400 crore.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala –Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is popularly known as Share Market King of India. In India, he is known as "The Big Bull" of the stock market and one of the best investors. This is not only because his net worth is huge and as per January 2022, it was Rs. 45400 crores, but because he has a strong social conscience. His portfolio, which includes 39 stocks, is one of the most diversified among top investors in the country. In case you are an active trader or investor who will always seek better opportunities in the market to gain profits, then Rakesh Jhunjhunwala will surely inspire you.
- Mukul Agarwal – Mukul Agarwal has recently been considered as one of the Top Share Market Investors in India. Share markets in India are referring to him as the new star. A successful entrepreneur, he owns a financial advisory and wealth management firm in Patna. He is also a TedX speaker and a motivational speaker. Investments made by Mukul Agarwal are aggressive, and he invests in small segments. By finding the stocks with the potential to generate astronomical returns, he invests in them and waits for their return. His portfolio currently consists of 47 stocks. At present, Mukul Agrawal's net worth is approximately Rs. 404.6 crores.
- Sunil Singhania – Sunil Singhania is one of the most recognizable names in the stock market. He served as CIO for Reliance Mutual Fund. A specialist in midcap and smallcap stocks, he possesses deep knowledge of them. Currently, his portfolio contains 26 stocks and he invests in different sectors to diversify. Over the last five years, his portfolio has grown by 11004.55%, which is astounding. The ace investor had a net worth of over Rs 2,124 crore as of December 2021.
Also Read: How Are Mutual Funds Taxed.
If you have difficulty in understanding about investments, then taking guide from these popular investment gurus is a good option for you. They will help you understand the financial concepts thoroughly in the easiest way.