- Date : 26/11/2021
- Read: 4 mins
Finding it cumbersome and confusing to file your tax? These tax filing apps may be the solution to your problems.
It is that time of the year again when everyone around you is talking about filing their Income Tax Return or ITR, as it is commonly called. Even though the Government of India extended the ITR filing deadline to 31 December 2021, it is advisable to get this vital task over with as soon as you can.
The wonderful thing about living in today’s world is the technology that lets you file ITR online, thanks to some very simple and useful ITR filing apps. Read on to find out how to file ITR online with the use of these apps.
How to file ITR with an income tax app?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to filing your income tax return using ITR apps:
Select a tax app of your choice. There are several apps that you can use these days. You can look for them on Google Play Store or Apple Store and download one to your phone.
- Create an account on the income tax app. Most apps will ask for basic information like your name, date of birth, and PAN.
- Upload Form 16 and Form 26AS. These can be obtained from your employer. The app’s tax software will pull out all the necessary information from the forms and compute your taxable income.
- Enter your applicable investments and savings to avail of tax benefits for tax savings.
- File your return after you have checked all the details. Most apps offer free versions for first-time users, so you may not have to pay anything.
What are some good ITR filing apps in India?
Here are three apps that can help you with IT filing:
This tax app is rapidly gaining a lot of popularity for its ease of use. You can upload your Form 26AS and Form 16 on the app directly and initiate the ITR filing process. The entire procedure is quick and seamless.
- Free ITR e-filling for the first three records, after that you need to pay Rs 299 per return
- Easy to use with and without Form 16
- Auto imports data from the income tax department
- Income Tax Refund Status Checker
- Income Tax Calculator
- e-verify your ITR for free
- Rating on Google Play Store: 4.9/5
- App Downloads: 100 k+
Claiming to be India’s most trusted tax filling service, TaxBuddy is a unique, state-of-the-art tax portal to enable customers, both salaried and small business owners to file their taxes smartly and effortlessly. It ensures its customers can manage three pivotal aspects of tax planning - tax filing, tax notice management and tax saving.
- Different tax fillings prices for different needs
- Be guided by CAs during ITR filling
- AI-based tax planning application
- Complete solutions to IT notices
- Rating on Google Play Store: 4.6/5
- App Downloads: 100 k+
3. All India ITR:
This e-intermediary is certified by the Government of India. You can file your ITR with the income tax department by uploading your Form 26AS and Form 16, along with details of investments and savings. The app’s tax software calculates the taxes due and files them on your behalf.
- Free ITR e-filling
- CA assisted ITR e-filling for individuals and businesses
- GST services that include the bill, return and registration
- ROC filing
- TDS return
- Tax audit
- Drafting of Financial Statements
- Director e-KYC
- e-Form Active
- E-verification of ITR
- Income tax calculator
- HRA calculator
- Rent receipt generator
- Tax record changes
- Reply to notice
- Custom payments
- Rating on Google Play Store: 4.3/5
- App Downloads: 1 M+
Given the current circumstances, which includes being unable to visit a chartered account due to the pandemic, it can be a bit challenging to file ITR. Fortunately, these ITR filing apps can offer a hassle-free solution by providing accuracy, transparency, and above all, convenience.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as tax or legal advice. You should separately obtain independent advice when making decisions in these areas.